Installation testing phase 1
Wire with the sound of its own tension or The box with universal connector
Aims: to extend the instrument to room-scale, investigating the relationships of internal and external resonance.
Transposing of Space:
1. Wire length requires low frequency (<=120Hz), future experimentations to see if wires do well at >1000Hz.
2. Contact microphone on bridge not effective, possible switch to Piezo discs (see Jason Kahn’s Wires @ http://jasonkahn.net/installations/wires.html)
3. Gear ratios inaccurate : switch from 6:1 to 1:1/0.5:1
4. Sound of gears overwhelming – change from stepper motors to small ones
5. Increase modularity [scale down system] to allow for emergent behaviour